EVENT DAY DETAILS
Same day registration and bib pick-up:
- 6:00 AM- 7:45 AM
- Runners/Walkers/strollers will be staged just under the scenic bridge located next to the stage and booth area.
Commemorative shirt pick-up/Finisher Medal:
- Shirt Pick-Up will take place in the Expo Area.
- Each person that crosses the finish line will receive a Finisher Medal.
Volunteer Orientation Booth:
- 6:00 AM – Located Near the Registration Area. Look for Signage that says “Volunteers”
Sponsors Booth & Team Set-Up:
- 6:00 AM- 7:30 AM
- 5K Run/Walk: 8:00 AM
T-Shirt Guaranteed to Pre-Registered Participants Only.
Starting Line Rules:
- Pets on a leash only and must start with their owners on the back of the line. Parents with strollers need to start from the back and navigate safely through the course.
- You will be going through several narrow locations along a flat mostly trail course; slower runners/joggers start just behind the front group, which consist of 5-7 minute per mile runners.
- Lookout runners who start with a sprint and abruptly slow down.
- Please make your way to the start at approximately 7:45 AM
- Regular Registration: $40.00
- Same-Day Registration: $45.00
Starts at 6:00 AM to 7:45 AM FIRM.
Goody Bag Pick-Up:
- RACE DAY REGISTRATION:
Between 6:00 AM -7:45 AM at the entrance of the Los Angeles State Historic Park courtyard at the Hero’s Journey Run 5K registration booth.
- DAY BEFORE REGISTRATION:
On Friday April 13, 2018, Bib & T-shirt Pick-Up is from 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM at the entrance of the Los Angeles State Historic Park courtyard.
- Starts at the entrance of renovated Los Angeles State Historic Park.
Flat, fast compact trail covers enclosed safe course that surrounds the 1.2 Mile square mile park.
Course Map will be on site and can be downloaded in the LOCATION section of the HeroesJourneyRun.com website.
- Located near the registration area.
- We will have a PA system and music played by popular DJ’s designated by Aztlan Athletics.
- At the 1.5 Mile Marker and the finish line.
Results (10:00 AM)
- Results will be posted next to the registration area, near the courtyard between 10:00 AM.
- Official results will be posted on-line at the HeroesJourneyRun.com website under the RESULTS tab.
Timing Of All Registered Participants:
- Disposable Chip Timing
- Look out for STAFF in ORANGE vests if you have any additional questions.
- VIP / Vendor / Exhibitor parking located on the North side of the park.
- Place your parking pass on the dash.
- Free parking on North Spring Street and outside the park area.
- Staff will be available to guide cars onto the overflow parking.
- China Town Station approximately 500 yards from the entrance to the event.
Virtual Run Registration Information:
- REGULAR REGISTRATION by March 1, 2018: $40.00
- LATE Registration after March 1, 2018: $45.00
Start Time: 8:00 AM FIRM.
How It Works:
- Run from your own community to support Alternatives To Violence Project-CA! If you’re from out of the area and want to support our mission, you simply register on-line and select “Virtual Run”.
- Once you receive confirmation, the next step is to make sure you prepare to run on the same day we are officially starting our event in Los Angeles (8:00 AM Pacific Standard Time).
- If there are multiple participants in your area, you can form a team and decide which park or community to cover the same distance (5K or 3.1 Miles).
- Aztlan Athletics will mail out your T-Shirt & Finisher Medal at least 1 week prior to the event with your Virtual Run bib to use the morning of the race.
- Once you finish covering the distance, take a screen shot of your overall time and share it with our media manager at Ruben@AztlanEvents.Com .
- We recommend no more than a 20 second tribute video on your support for AVP-CA and no more than 2 photos of you and your team. Ruben will then compile the media on our 2018 events collage to post on the site.
- You will then be able to view your time on Herosjourneyrun.com “My Results Page” by looking up your bib number or name.
- How do I host a 5K for AVP-CA in my community? Once you are able to build up to 200 participants in your area (within a 30 mile radius), Aztlan Athletics and the AVP-CA beneficiary will work with you to plan a chapter of the run on your community. So, Take The Challenge, Cover The Distance To Support The Cause.
- Print the mail-in registration from the event website and mail it to 719 Mission St., South Pasadena, CA 91030